Translate

Friday, December 27, 2013

You had a birthday shout.....あめだとう !

Well it was a good one, don't worry. We had our ward Christmas Party on my birthday, which ended up being SUPER fun!! A ton of people came and a lot weren't members (which is what we were hoping for). The primary kids sang and then played a few songs with bells, then we had a game. The big Japanese Christmas tradition is having a Christmas cake, so we had a decorating contest. They put each of the four of us missionaries as a team captain and had us pick a few other people and then decorate it within 4 or 5 mins. My team was boss: a bunch of sweet kids and a grandma that I think is the tops. our cake ended up looking like a b-day cake, so when they had me describe what our cake was, I of course said that because it was my birthday they made me a cake. Our team destroyed the others in votes and won the game!! After that the YM did a hilarious magic show, the YW sang, and then we sang. I sang Rudolph, Shoell sang White CHristmas, and then I sang Jingle Bell Rock and it was fantastic! Before the party started though, a sister saw me tapping on a chair or something and brought me a cup and told me to do that cup, snap, clap thing where you flip it around and stuff. I haven't ever done it before but I just jokingly did something dumb with it and she LOVED it. She told me to do it in the program and I was like, "Heck no!!! I've never done it before!" But she walked away and told the person MCing and so I somehow got roped into singing a song and doing the cup thing. I did We Wish You a Merry Christmas and then just went into Rudolph. I actually thought it was super funny!!! I've got a video. My comp also got me a few little things and of course I opened all the cards and presents from you guys. The cake balls caught me by surprise. I was WAY excited. Have a video of that, too. So that's how I spent my birthday. Probably one of the funnest I've had.
Yesterday we got Christmas presents from the ward: it ended up being 2 huge boxes completely full of food and snacks and gifts...... I wondered what people in America give the missionaries. I don't remember ever doing anything for them. Glad you are doing stuff with them this year. It sounds like you have become a favorite of those guys. We all have our go- to's. 
Not much else. Our one investigator is looking really strong and we're hoping we can see him be baptized this transfer. I think he will be. It's really been a miracle with him. Pray for him please!!
At the end of the Christmas Party they showed a great video about the birth of Jesus Christ. I am so grateful that I have the opportunity this season to not only celebrate the birth, life, Atonement, and Resurrection of our Savior, but to also share the message of it and represent him here in Sapporo Japan. I'm so grateful for him and for the love and the strength that I constantly receive because of the testimony and the faith that I have in him. I hope you take a bit of time to reflect and remember what it's all about.
I think that's about it. I'll be talking to ya in a couple days so....... cool.

Till then, Love you and Merry Christmas
Elder Spurling

No comments:

Post a Comment